Unitedhealthcare Community Plan Members
A member ID number and group number let healthcare providers verify your coverage and file claims for health care services. It also helps UnitedHealthcare advocates answer your questions if you call about benefits and claims.
- Member ID number: Each policy holder has a unique member ID number that links to your specific health insurance benefits and coverage. For some members, a unique State ID may also be present on the member ID card.
- Group number: This number is the same for everyone who participates in that insurance plan.
- Member: Your name
- PCP name: Primary Care Provider. This is your main point of contact for most health problems or concerns. It can be a licensed physician, nurse practitioner, clinical nurse specialist or physician assistant. Not all member ID cards contain this information.
- PCP phone number: Phone number for you to easily call your primary care provider.
- Pharmacy Benefits: When your plan includes pharmacy benefits, your pharmacy will need to verify your coverage when filling prescriptions.
The back of the member ID card may include phone numbers to connect with customer service, speak with a nurse and find behavioral health support. It also includes contact information for providers and pharmacists to submit claims.
How Can I Change My Information
Although most of the updates that you make to your Medicare information are done through MyMedicare, changing your address and other information is a different story. This is because Medicare uses the information that you have on file with Social Security.
If you need to update your address, you will have to log into your My Social Security account in order to update your information for both Medicare and Social Security.
How Do You Replace Your Medicare Card
You can get a new copy of your card by logging onto your online Social Security account. If you dont have a Social Security account yet, youll have to create one to request a new card. Medicare beneficiaries can also call 1-800-772-1213 or contact their local Social Security office to receive a copy of their card.
According to the Health and Human Services Department, it can take about 30 days for your replacement card to arrive in the mail. You can also go online to your Medicare account and print a copy of your card from there until the official copy arrives.6
If you lost your Medicare card and believe that someone else might be using your number, call 1-800-MEDICARE .
Read Also: What Preventive Care Is Covered By Medicare
How Do I Get A New Medicare Card If My Card Is Lost Stolen Or Damaged How Do I Change My Contact Information
If your Medicare card was lost, stolen, or destroyed, you can ask for a replacement by using your online my Social Security account, even if you don’t yet receive Social Security benefits. If dont already have a Social Security on-line account, you can create one online. Go to .
Once you are logged in to your account, select the “Replacement Documents” tab. Then select Mail my replacement Medicare Card.Your Medicare card will arrive in the mail in about 30 days at the address on file with Social Security.If you cant or prefer not to use the online service:
- Call us at 1-800-772-1213 , Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. or
How To Find My Medicare Provider Number
For individuals, the easiest way to find your Medicare provider identification number is to look on your Medicare card. The Medicare number format typically consists of your Social Security number followed by a special identifying code.
It’s also helpful to know what the “A” and “B” on your Medicare benefits signify. The A represents Medicare Part A benefits these are your inpatient hospital benefits. The B represents Medicare Part B this is the portion that covers you for outpatient medical benefits.
But what happens if you can’t remember your Medicare number? If you misplace your Medicare card at any point, you may be wondering if you can still locate your identification number.
Using Your Medicare Number To File A Claim
Medicare beneficiaries do not typically have to file claims on their own. A health care provider has one year from the day of service to file a claim on behalf of a patient. But if your claim is not filed in a timely manner, you may contact the provider to request that they file the claim.
If they still dont file the claim soon after your request, you may file the claim yourself by gathering and completing the Patient Request for Medical Payment form along with an itemized bill from the health care provider and a letter explaining your reason for filing the claim.
In order to submit the claim, you will need to look up the appropriate Medicare Administrative Contractor . MACs are private health care insurers that have been awarded a geographic jurisdiction to process Original Medicare claims.
Protect Your Medicare Number Like A Credit Card
Only give personal information, like your Medicare Number, to health care providers, your insurers or health plans, or people you trust that work with Medicare, like your State Health Insurance Assistance Program .
Say no to scams
Medicare will never call you uninvited and ask you to give us personal or private information. Learn more about the limited situations in which Medicare can call you.
Read Also: What Is A Medicare Special Needs Plan
Applying To Act For Someone Else
You need to apply to us if you want to act for someone and either:
- you dont have their power of attorney
- youre not their legal guardian or administrator.
To apply, follow these steps.
Please Fix Same Issue As Error1234
Just as Error1234 said on 12thNov, you cant seem to get past the initial card details part without it showing an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. My card details are also correct.Ive used this app for years to lodge claims and never had a problem. Last week this error started showing. I came back to it today and still appears! How are we supposed to use any function of the app if we cant even get past the initial stage??Please fix this problem as this problem has not gone away since trying for a week!!
You May Like: How Do I Know If I Have Part D Medicare
What Information Is On Your Medicare Card
Besides your full name, your Medicare card includes your Medicare number as well as important information about the health insurance coverage to which you are entitled. This includes:2
- Medicare numberThis is one of the most important pieces of information on your Medicare card. Its what the billing department will use when it submits for reimbursement from Medicare. Your Medicare number used to be your Social Security number , but now its a more secure, randomly generated combination of 11 numerals and capital letters. It is confidential and should only be shared with people you trust.3
- Part AIf you have Part A, labeled HOSPITAL, you are entitled to care in a hospital or skilled nursing facility, hospice care and home healthcare. The date your coverage begins is also included.4
- Part BIf you have Part B, labeled MEDICAL, you are entitled to medical care and preventive services. Your coverage starting date for Part B is also included.5
If you are enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan, you will receive a separate ID card. If your plan covers prescription drugs, your MA card will include that information too. You should use your MA card as your primary Medicare card, but you should still keep your Medicare card in a safe place.
Good to Know
Your Medicare number is no longer your Social Security number, but a more secure combination of letters and numbers that helps protect you from identity theft.
What Is The Purpose Of My Medicare Number And Card
Bring your Medicare card with you to any doctors appointment or hospital visit with any healthcare
practitioner. Similarly, whether or not you intend to see a doctor, please keep it on hand.
For claim and billing purposes, a beneficiarys Medicare number is used to identify them. Furthermore,
keeping the red, white, and blue Medicare card on hand will make an emergency health issue easier.
Whats On A Medicare Card
Your Medicare card will provide doctors, hospitals and other health care providers with all the information they will need to determine what kind of Medicare coverage you have and how much to bill Medicare for your medical services.
The Four Things on Your Medicare Card
Write Your Insurance Company
You can get in touch with your insurance company by writing a letter to request a new insurance card. Here are the mailing addresses for some of the most common Medicare Advantage companies:
- Aetna: Aetna Inc., P.O. Box 14088, Lexington, KY 40512
- BlueCross BlueShield: You must contact member services online or by phone.
- Cigna: Cigna Corporate Headquarters, 900 Cottage Grove Road, Bloomfield, CT 06002
- Kaiser Permanente: Kaiser Permanente has several locations around the country. You can find addresses for each area here.
You May Like: How Does Geha Work With Medicare
How To Get A New Medicare Card
There are several ways to get a new Medicare card. If you need to replace a card because its been damaged or lost, you can sign in to your MyMedicare.gov account and print an official copy of it.
If you need to replace a card because someone unauthorized may be using your plan, call 800-633-4227 . Additional information and steps for how to replace your card are outlined below.
How Do You Get Another Medicare Card
My card is lost or damaged Log into your Medicare account to print an official copy of your Medicare card. You can also call us at 1-800-MEDICARE to order a replacement card. TTY users can call 1-877-486-2048.
My name changed Your Medicare card shows the name you have on file with Social Security. Get details from Social Security if you legally changed your name.
Protect your identity
You May Like: What Is The Best Medicare Part D Plan For 2020
How To Get A Replacement Card During A Natural Disaster Or Emergency
If youre in an area affected by a natural disaster or another emergency, the rules for how you receive care via Medicare may be suspended. For example, you may not have as strict rules about going to in-network providers or pharmacies.
If possible, you can obtain an image of your Medicare plan in an emergency by going to MyMedicare.gov and printing a replacement copy. Its a good idea to go ahead and sign up for an online account now. If theres an emergency, youll already have your login information.
Medicare.gov has a page on how to get care in specific emergencies, including if you need dialysis or cancer treatments.
My Medicare Number: Everything You Need To Know
April 29, 2021 / 2 min read / Written by Anna L.
- What is my Medicare number?Jump to
- How can I find my Medicare number?Jump to
- Can I use my Medicare number without the card?Jump to
- How do I get a replacement card?Jump to
When you enroll in Medicare, you will get your Medicare card in the mail. Your unique Medicare number will be on this card.
You can expect your Medicare card also called your red, white, and blue card to come in the mail 3 months before you turn 65 or your 25th month of receiving disability benefits.
Its important to note that your card is paper, similar to a Social Security Card, which makes it easy to photocopy. Because your card is paper it make be easily damaged or lost, so be sure to be careful!
Don’t Miss: Does Medicare Cover Depends For Incontinence
Members With Insurance Through Your Employer
Your member ID number and group number allow healthcare providers to verify your coverage and file claims for health care services. These numbers also help UnitedHealthcare advocates answer questions about your benefits and claims.
The back of your member ID card includes contact information for providers and pharmacists to submit claims. It also includes the member website and health plan phone number, where you can check benefits, view claims, find a doctor, ask questions and more.
Does Private Medicare Have Group Numbers
Original Medicare is not group coverage and therefore has no corresponding group number. But private Medicare plans may have a group number associated with the plan.
Private Medicare insurance includes:
- Medicare Part C . These plans provide all the same benefits as Medicare Part A and Part B while also typically offering some additional coverage for things not found in Original Medicare like dental, vision, prescription drugs and more.
- Medicare Part D . Medicare Part D provides coverage for prescription medications, which is a benefit not covered by Original Medicare.
- Medicare Supplement Insurance . Medicare Supplement Insurance works alongside your Original Medicare coverage by picking up the cost of certain deductibles, copayments, coinsurance and other out-of-pocket costs associated with Medicare Part A and Part B.
Members of these plans may see a group number on their card that corresponds with their coverage. Instead of being grouped by company as you might in an employer-sponsored plan, beneficiaries of private Medicare plans may be grouped by area and plan type.
You May Like: Should I Enroll In Medicare If I Have Employer Insurance
What Is My Medicare Number
Your Medicare Number is the 11 digit code on the front of your red, white, and blue Medicare card that Medicare uses to identify you. To help keep your personal information safe, your Medicare Number is no longer the same as your Social Security Number. Your Medicare Number is a unique combination of 11 letters and numbers.
Things To Know About Your New Medicare Card
Recommended Reading: Does Medicare Cover The Cost Of A Shingles Shot
Medicare Online Account Help
Learn how to get your own Medicare card and number using your Medicare online account, or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.
The screenshots in this guide are from a computer. The screen layout will look different if youre using a mobile device.
You can get your own card online if you meet all of these requirements:
- youre living in Australia and youre an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or you have a permanent resident visa
- youre 15 or older
- youre only on one Medicare card
- your current Medicare card has other people on it
- youre not the contact person of your current Medicare card
- you want your own Medicare card with just your name on it.
If this isnt your situation, you can complete an application to copy or transfer from one Medicare card to another form.
How Can I Check My Medicaid Status Online
Verify your enrollment online
How can i check my medicaid status?
Verify your enrollment online
If A Court Has Made You The Persons Guardian Or Administrator
You just need to register it with us. You can either:
You should also provide us with your ID, your details and the persons Medicare number.
This information was printed 12 November 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/how-your-medicare-card-and-account-work/someone-elses-medicare. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.
Finding A Medicare Number Is Easy
The bottom line is that obtaining a Medicare provider number is simple because NPIs are public record. That means that you can easily call or look online to obtain this information. However, your personal Medicare number is private. That means that you’ll need to supply the right information to verify your identification before you can recover your own Medicare number.
You May Like: How Do I Enroll In Medicare Part A And B